Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Argosy

I finished Argosy, and I love it!
Here she is, blocking:

Now, normally, I would not block a scarf - I mean, really, It's a long rectangle that just gets wrapped around your neck. However, anytime there is lace, or openwork involved, blocking is a necessity. Argosy really opened up, and the Noro Silk Garden softened up beautifully. I really like this colourway - nice and muted, with that jolt of teal running through it. I think it looks great with my brown turtleneck, especially since it's minus four thousand degrees today!

Yeah, just a little chilly today. But my office will be about 3 degrees below the Hell setting, which puts us in the Tropical Rainforest Zone. That's compared to the summer when it ranges around Meat Locker Temperature. Very easy to get dressed in the morning...

A couple of random thoughts - Today is my son's 8th birthday. I guess we are halfway to driver's license now! We had the party on Saturday - 14 kids at the bowling alley and that was great, but tonight he has basketball practice, so we couldn't let that pass unnoticed:

We made the basketball cupcakes last night, and these will be popular after practice tonight. Of course, right after that, Son stays with Hubby while I race off to my Guild meeting where I get to show off the Cape Cod socks, and the Moebuis. I will also open myself up to ridicule by publicly showing off the start of a pair of fingerless mitts. Yeah. Remember me? The One Mitt Wonder? Think I'll get through two of these? There are points in my favour - I'm using Koigu, which is delicious, they are fingerless, which is different, and the back has a nice Saxon-type cable pattern which should hold my interest. Fingers crossed...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I LOVE that scarf! In the Noro it is fantabulous! I wanna make one now. Really good choice of wool for this project.

And those cupcakes....mmmmmm.

CatBookMom said...

OMG that is gorgeous! I got some of the Mille Colori yarn you used for your mobius scarf, and last night I started one of the FT Versatile Scarves, the ones that are sort of 'angelfish'-shaped. I didn't think it was showing off the yarn properly, so I'll cast on another skein with the Argosy.

You are being SUCH an inspiration! And yesterday I found a LYS less than 30 mins away that carries the Mille Colori and quite a few yarns I haven't seen elsewhere. Whee!!

BTW, do you plan to write up the mobius scarf pattern? If so, I want to be the first in line for it, lol!

Janis said...

The scarf is gorgeous! Since I saw your WIP, I've wanted to make one, and now I know I have to do it.

Anonymous said...

Your scarf is so absolutely gorgeous, what a great job you did with it - and I agree, blocking it made it even more beautiful!
Happy birthday to your little one - the cupcakes look *so* yummy!