Monday, September 18, 2006

same old, same old

Usually, when you are like me, and have multitudes of projects on the go at one time, you tend to have pictures of progress, or fininshed objects. Or, you get to the point that I'm at now. Progress, but infinitesimal on each of the multitudes, so it's not really worth sharing.
Icarus. One more row until I start the new charts. Woo Hoo. I'm starting to hate this shawl. Good thing I'm giving it away. Although, by Christmas, I'll fall in love with it again. I just know it.
Socks. the green regia stripes are the portable project of choice at the moment. I've got about two inches left on them, so they come to work with me (lunch time gives me about 10 minutes of knitting time), and they come to son's swimming lessons on Mondays and Wednesdays (20 minutes on each of those nights), and basketball practice on Tuesday (a solid hour here!) Hoping to finish these this week. Then I can pick up one of the other "in progress and need by Christmas socks". Sigh. I guess it's January before I get to knit for me.
Did you notice my schedule above? Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - each of these things start at 6pm, so I race home from work, grab child from sitter, grab needed clothing, give him a snack to munch in the car, race back out the door and get him to pool/gym in time. Fun. Then home afterwards and try to put together some dinner. More fun. At least the twice a week swimming is only for three more weeks - then we get the much more civilized once a week mayhem. Oh yeah, basketball is also on Saturday mornings. No cottage for a while.
Okay, now some good news. Good vibes directed my way would be appreciated. I've applied for a couple of jobs that would take some of the stress away. One is a long shot, and the other is probably too litte money, but we will wait and see. Fingers crossed!
Pictures soon, I promise. Hubby took the camera today, which is a drag - Son and I went to the Toronto Zoo on Saturday, and we have some great pictures - need to download these ones!

3 comments:

CatBookMom said...

You're gettin' those good vibrations,
They're giving you expectations,
Good, good, good, good vibrations!
(with apologies to Brian Wilson)

Changing jobs is such a stressful thing, and then you have all those mother-chauffeur-wife-laundry-cooking events going on, too.

{{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I can see the new job offers on the horizon! Don't let pay deter you though if it's a lot less stress and you'll be much happier. Sometimes that is a most excellent trade off.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your job interviews - I hope you find something new soon that is a better fit for you and your family. Just think "work - life balance" because sometimes the more money you make, the more you lose in time, taxes and sanity. I'm sending you good karma.