Friday, September 15, 2006

I got nothin...

Zip. Zilch. Nada. I've been working on Icarus, trying to get the boring ladder lace part done so I can start the interesting feathery part. So, I finish the "five repeats of rows 19-42", and think - WooHoo! now I can start the next chart. Of course, I neglected to read ahead. I still have to repeat rows 19-34 once more. Sigh. More boring ladder lace part. So Icarus still looks like a pile of tangled blue string. (Nice alpaca string, but string nonetheless). Nothing else is finished. (Have I shown you the finished sage green cotton socks? No? Sorry, my bad. Pictures to come.)
Work sucks. They have dumped on (sorry, "asked") me to take on a whole new role IN ADDITION to what I do right now. (I somehow don't recall being asked, but whatever). I have tentatively agreed (in their minds, this constitues an acceptance), with the proviso that some of my other responsibilities get re-assigned. Still waiting for this. Somethings going to blow, and soon. They think SLIGHTLY more money will make it all better. Wrong. More time off would be much more appreciated, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Dang.

I can't beleive we are halfway through September - my Christmas knitting is somewhat behind. I still have 5 pairs of socks to finish (and in some cases start), Icarus, A hand dyed chenille lace scarf, a silk scarf (Yeti, Yeti, Yetiiii!!), and possibly 5 hats to do. Plus, 8 pairs of felted slippers (machine knit, very quick), and a sweater for DS - also done on the machine, so again, pretty quick. I could finish the ribbing on a cotton sweater I started for Hubby a couple ofyears ago - that would be a good gift...

Boy, I sound cranky, don't I?? Thank God it's Friday. I really need this weekend.

So, any Survivor fans? It's too early to pick faves yet - 20 people and 1 hour - no chance to get to know anyone. Cao Boi should be interesting...
And Lukas wins Rockstar! Canada is two for two on this reality show!!

1 comment:

TracyKM said...

The Yeti episode was on this morning and I thought of you, LOL. I love the song they sing while kayaking. Someday I'll try kayaking and everyone will stare at me while I sing the song!
Christmas knitting? LOL! I don't think I'm doin that. I'm almost done a tiny pullover that was supposed to be a 4th of July present for my 1st American born niece (born LAST May). I may postpone Christmas.
Slippers on the knitting machine? Do share! I just got the LK150 set up again! I'm going to make some socks from yarn I bought at Kitchener! It never even made it to the basement stash pile :)