Tuesday, September 19, 2006

arrrrr, mateys....

Today be International Talk like a Pirate Day,

Capn Aetheflaed the Drunk Toe

What is YOUR pirate name?

or:
Dirty Mary Kidd

or:
Iron Mary

or:
Agnostic Ted Napier

or:
Horse Hung Harry

depending on which Pirate Name generator you use. I kind of like the Drunk Toe part. It makes no sense, which suits me just fine.

And yes, at breakfast today, my son did ask "what crawled out of the bunghole today?" (we school him well on all the important holidays...)

Knitting, you ask? Yes, I do some of that...

as promised, here are the cotton stretch socks. I am very happy with these - nice and cushy on the foot, perfect for someone who walks alot - and my son's sitter does just that. Along with being a fabulous influence on my son, she is always walking around, so I hope these are well used. And using 3mm needles, means these just fly! Compared to the 2mm I usually use for socks...
Last night at swimming I got in a solid 20 minutes of sock knitting - tonight's basketball practice, and I should be well along on the final ribbing of the green regia stripe sock. SO I may have another FO soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaarrr, me matey....Where's our pirate hats when we need 'em?

Bessy Brown Man,
Aka Lucky

Anonymous said...

Gotta get me some of that thar Elann cotton sock yarn...aaaargh.

BBM

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link...mine was

Joan Thieving Leg