Thursday, August 31, 2006

not my favourite day

11 years ago I said my last goodbye to my Dad. He was my best friend, my "go-to" guy for everything. He was the guy that, along with my Mom, shaped me into the person I am. I've grown some in the last 11 years, and I think he would approve of the path my life has taken. He saw me marry a wonderful guy, but he never got to see my son in person. But my son does carry my Dad's names as his middle names, so hopefully there is more to a name than Shakespeare ever gave credit for.
Every year I still cry. Something different sets me off. Today? watching TV and hearing someone mourning their father's death and ordering a gin martini since it was the dad's favourite cocktail. It was my Dad's drink of choice as well. I'm having one tonight, even though I'm not really a fan. Here's to you James Edward Robson. I regret that I never knit you socks.

If you want to help someone, leave a comment for Jen at JenLa - she's going through a horrible time with her Mom, and could use the support.

No comments: