Thursday, August 24, 2006

cranky kid and tired parents

I love my son. Really, I do, more than anything on earth. But since we have returned from holidays? Not so much. He's cranky. Admittedly, he's being woken up at 7am, which is a good 1 1/2 to 2 hours earlier than he was getting up all last week, and yet he's still going to bed at the same time, despite my best efforts of getting him down sooner. I partially blame hubby, who handles much of the bedtime stuff, since I am trying to do the whole, cooking, cleaning, laundry thing at night. Tuesday, at soccer, he lost it, crying when the coach told him to sub out. I hate that. I don't deal well with whining and crying for no reason. He complained that his foot hurt, so coach told him to take a break. As he should have. But child of mine figured he's "NEVER GET TO PLAY EVER AGAIN!!!!" Right. Just sit here for 5 minutes, drink some water, and wait your turn to go back in. But no. He had to keep it up. I know every parent goes through this. I know they do, because I have seen the other parents go through it. But still, when it's your kid, you feel like the worst parent ever. He got over it eventually, but still. Then last night, he tossed the pouting at us. We were playing a game togetehr, and told him - one more game. Which we played. Then we packed it up, because it was time for his shower, bed, etc. He wanted another game. We said no. He dropped to the floor, like he was so hard done by. Hubby had had enough, and the time out commenced, except this was the "talking to time out" ie, Hubby was in the room with him, explaining the whole situation. Much crying, screaming (son's), explaining, waiting (hubby's) later, things were finally resolved. Shower was taken, and son fell asleep, after hugs and tearful apologies. I followed not much later (i'm still trying to get caught up on sleep as well).
I know this will change - he will outgrow the tantrums and such. I figure it will happen right about the time puberty hits and I will have a moody teenager in the house. Ahhhh, I can't wait. And people wonder why we stopped at one child! (Actually, we didn't stop, it's just how things worked out. Two might have been easier, but then again, maybe not. And I'm too old now to find out).

On a random note (carry over from yesterday)...
Is it wrong that I am completely addicted to Rock Star: Supernova, yet have absolutely no interest in Canadian Idol? Admittedly, the rockers on Rock Star are WAAAAYYYYY better singers, but still Tommy Lee does nothing for me (although deep down, that whole bad boy thing is weirdly attractive...), but I do find Gilby Clarke cute. Dave Navarro, bad boy or not, no interest. I have trouble with guys that an apply eyeliner better than I can... Dilana, while easily the best performer there, stepped into it in a big way last night. Not only did she diss the other rockers, she came across as super bitch. The games not over, yet, chickie! You still have 5 singers competing, and they are getting better all the time. (Did Magni ROCK the Jimi Hendrix song last night, or what??)

No comments: