Wednesday, August 09, 2006

chicken with it's head cut off


Now, doesn't that bring a lovely picture to mind? I've always wondered why I compare myself to a headless chicken when busy. (Yes, I know where the analogy came from, I just don't think it's all that attractive).
Next week, we are away - a much needed break at the cottage. So this week, I am running around like the proverbial chicken, trying to clean things up at work, get things done at home, gather what we need for the week, and all the other stuff my husband thinks just magically appear when we're ready to leave. I'm really going to have to sit him down one day and explain that "packing/laundry/shopping fairies" don't exist.

We are great believers in the "pack stuff in file boxes" method - they fit in the truck nicely and are much easier to carry. So my dining room is a maze of file boxes at the moment, and every time one of us finds something we want to take, it gets tossed into a box. (it's up to me to organize everything so that more than a pair of shoes and a kite fit into one box). There's already two boxes of yarn and WIPs, and I'm not sure if that's everything I want. Who knows? I may want to pick up my leprechaun shawl again... Or start another Icarus with this stunning silk from Yarns Plus in a "flame" colourway... or there's the chenille I dyed in a bronze/pewter blend that's screaming to be a feather and fan stole... or, well you know how it is.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I got nothing to say. No pictures of FO's. I've started turning the heel of the second Caribbean Surf sock, but really, who needs to see that? I'm hoping that by the time I get back I will have F'ed some O's to show you. Or at least, started a slew of new projects to add to my WIP pile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how deliciously overwhelmed one gets when trying to decide what to knit on vacation!

Anonymous said...

We like to pack in the black Knob Hill Farms baskets. Until they get a crack that either pinches your finger, or catches your Fleece Artist mohair lace yarn and cuts it mere inches from the actual knitting....
TracyKM