Thursday, March 24, 2011

News!

Some of you may remember Lucky Canuck's short lived blog, and have heard me mention her here - either as Lucky or Susan. She occasionally guest blogs, or I have highlighted some of her fabulous creations, whether they be crochet, knit, sewing, beading, card making, jewellery... She and I are each other's enablers, and we haunt knitting shows and sales together, and when one finds a new craft, the other usually follows (thanks for the polymer clay jewellery kits, Susan - I cant wait to start them!)
Well, Susan is about to embark on a new journey, and has allowed me to announce it. She's getting married! Susan and G. have known each other a while, and since this is the second time around for each of them, they have gone a little less traditional, and I love it!
Here's the ring:

And here's her words as she described it to me:

The ring, presented last night is 18k matte gold with a green peridot setting. Designed by Eles Designs, Toronto. Completely unorthodox, non-traditional, chosen by me and all my style. I am marrying the best guy in the world for me. Plus, he has a nice craft room waiting for me in his house.


Stay tuned as Susan lets me document the plans - you should see what we have in store for the dress! (I've known about this for a while, and we have had many an intense email discussion about dress, flowers, jewellery, etc.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks, Curl!

Acorn to Oak said...

I've NEVER seen a ring like that. The finish on the gold is really cool and the stone is beautiful. It sounds like this will be an interesting story to follow. :-)

Needles said...

Congratulations Lucky!

CatBookMom said...

That is a beautiful ring! Elegant, and the matte finish goes perfectly with the peridot.

Please pass along my very best wishes to LC. And a hug 2 plz.

Carol said...

Ooooh, a craft room! He's a keeper.

Brendaknits said...

The ring is beautiful. Of course, green is my colour. Can't wait to see dress plans.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lucky!!!!
All the best,
Nancy

Saren Johnson said...

Congrats Lucky!

Jennifer said...

That's wonderful news. Congrats. That was a smart move checking out his compatibility with your craft obsession before marriage. I know it was a requirement in a husband for me. You'll make a wonderful pair.