Wednesday, March 02, 2011

fun with paper

Because I can't seem to just stick with one craft or pastime, I ordered a bunch of quilling paper to make Moravian Stars. (i have the wonderful notion of doing my Christmas Tree every year in a completely handmade theme - I can dream big...)
I love the stars - I love making them, looking at them, and planning just what the hell I'm going to do with them.

(Here's a small sample of my collection)


But I couldn't stop there - I found directions for making a basket! Who doesn't need a multicoloured paper basket?
Seriously, what the hell was I thinking? I have no idea what to do with this. Yes, it was kind of fun to make, but not enough so that it justifies actually making it.
I think I need to rein myself in sometimes.

Oh, did I tell you I bought some more beads? I fell in love with this, and really need to make some...

8 comments:

Needles said...

Left over pretty yarn balls? Swatch basket?

Cute though.

Sel and Poivre said...

When our house became stacked with my various creations I took up baking and ramped up my cooking to exercise my creativity on stuff that would disappear a short time after completion. Eventually we all noticed the food might be disappearing from the fridge and counter but it was reappearing around our waists!

The work to then get that under control made me feel I should have just stuck to handicrafts in the first place! ;)

Unknown said...

I love making wishing stars ... I put them in vases and if the power of positive thinking is worth anything ...

Karen said...

Easter basket?

Brendaknits said...

I'm sure I've said it before, but it bears repeating. You are very talented. And creative. And inspirational.

katrynka said...

Made a bunch of those stars when I was a kid! We had a tree with all handmade ornaments.

I can't wait to see some of those bracelets!!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Those look fun! Are they hard? I don't know if I have the skill to make some! LOL

Carol said...

love the paper crafting. love love love