Monday, October 23, 2006

still here. still knitting.

Yes, I am still here, and still knitting. I've even effed some ohs! I finished the bowling theme hat for my nephew:

To be honest, he probably won't wear it unless his mom makes him. It may not be cool enough for a 7 year old. But, he may surprise me. He is very involved in his bowling league, so we'll see. I'm just impressed at how well my vision translated into the actual knitted piece. I'm having fun with the designing! Next up - the comedy/tragedy masks of the theatre for my actor/dancer nephew.
I've also completed the purple and black ruffled scarf, and started a green one. This stuff is very interesting to knit - although it is actually knitting, it feels so much different because of the technique. But the end result is pretty nice. (high praise coming from a fibre snob such as myself!)

The Tibetan Nun socks are also coming along - this shows the colour a little better. I've added some rows of K2tog, YO lace around the ankle - my SIL has issues with swelling, so this lace pattern tends to be a little wider than plain stockinette. Plus, I think it adds a little interest to an otherwise plain-ish looking sock.

Oh yeah - that stitch marker? Dropped stitch. Found just a row or two ago. Grrrr!! I'll sew in in when I am weaving in the ends at the colour changes, but still! Grrrr!

Mom should be coming home in the next day or two - she's out of ICU, and all the tubes and wires have been removed, and she's up and walking around, so it's all good. This also means that I will be off work for probably the remainder of the week, and away from home, as I will move into her place to take care of her until Saturday. My aunt is coming into town then to spend a week with Mom and help out. Not much internet access - I'm working on hubby to organize a laptop for me with wireless access, but we'll see. So, very little posting, and possibly no email access. Ack!! I'm not sure I can handle that. I may be a Luddite as far as daytimers go, (mine is still a paper and pen book) but I need my email access!
I should be at Mom's place for at least three days, and a lot of that time will be spent sitting with Mom while we watch TV, or talk, or pack the freezer with meals. Fabulous knitting time! What to bring, what to bring... Oh yeah, I should packs some clothes and stuff, too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hat! Hope all is well chez Curlerchik's mom.

Anonymous said...

Love the hat! Hope all is well chez Curlerchik's mom.