Wednesday, May 30, 2012

stuff other than knitting

I am talking to Blogger and my computer again - I think it was just a small one time glitch. I think my computer wanted to take Memorial Day off, forgetting that here in Canada we already had Victoria Day off last week...

As I mentioned, June is a big celebration month for us - I have a SIL and nephew with birthdays, a good friend with a birthday, an anniversary in the family, and 2 kids at the cottage have birthdays. Plus a thank you to a teacher and 3 graduates (2 high school, one grade 8). I've dug myself into a hole lately, by creating hand made cards. Now they are expected, and god forbid I give someone a store bought - they are going to wonder what they did to tick me off!
Sorry for the immensely crappy BlackBerry photo, but my husband has got the camera. Now, not all of these are needed right away, but I figured if I was getting out the supplies, I would take care of all nine all at once. Once I got into a rhythm, it didn't take too long - the tough part was deciding on a theme for each of them! (The Grad ones were easy - I have a lot of Graduation stickers and stuff.)
*Point of interest - I used to work for Sandylion Stickers before they were bought out a couple of years ago. Not only did I have a pretty good employee discount, when they were shutting down, I was one of the last ones in the Marketing department. We had to clear out the drawers of all accumulated samples from over the years, so I seriously went home with boxes (I mean, BOXES!) of cardmaking and scrapbooking supplies. I can make cards for the foreseeable future... Yes, I know how incredibly lucky I was to be in that spot at that time.
I am ridiculously happy with these - they are still displayed on my dining room table, and I like to walk by and just look at them sometimes. I'm strange that way...

7 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

How great that you were able to acquire all those stickers and supplies! Great job on the cards. That was quite an accomplishment. I try to make cards too and sometimes it seems like such a big job. But, I have a hard time spending $5 or more on a pre-made card at the store. It's so much for a piece of paper and an envelope! Besides, handmade means so much more to the recipient. :-)

Sheryl Evans said...

I don't think that is strange. I'm like that with the things that I make too. It doesn't matter if it is knitted, sewed, or what, if I made it, I like to look at it for a while before I give it away. The worst thing about making charity items is that you never get to see the item being use after it is gone. At least with the cards you get a phone call telling you how great the card was. S

Anonymous said...

I've done the same thing with my hand made cards - gazing at them before work and when I get home too!

Needles said...

I have some that my sister made for me and some that my daughter in law made for me. So pretty. They will go into a mamory book.

Brendaknits said...

I.AM. SO. JEALOUS.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Lovely cards! They look great. I am sure the recipients will love them.

Saren Johnson said...

Those are so pretty.