Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cricketer

I finally got around to warping my new Cricket loom. I chose some fabulously luxurious stuff to christen it. Tilli Tomas silk for the warp, and Tilli Tomas beaded silk for the weft.

It's weaving up nicely, and the beads are falling on both sides, which pleases me. Of course, I'm not sure I will ever wear this - while I love the beads and shiny things to knit and weave, I rarely wear anything like this. I'm a jeans and hoodie type of girl. But I'm already having a hard time thinking of giving this away...

4 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

That looks like a lot of fun to weave. I like how the beads look like they are just sitting or floating on top.

Needles said...

I'm kind of a hippie type and yet...I could find a dozen reasons and places and ways to wear this. I think it would look smashing with jeans.

Liz said...

absolutely LOVE this - there is a wicked little voice in my head urging me towards a loom now, thanks !!! I'll have to resist a bit longer due to some work commitments, but perhaps the fall will find a loom in my sewing room

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Love the color.

I need to warp my loom too. Maybe once the littlest one starts daycare I will have more time!