Thursday, December 23, 2010

the BEST gift of all

My niece, my beautiful, talented, athletic niece, has made the final cut. She's going to Stockholm, Sweden on December 27th, to play for Canada in the Womens Under-18 World Hockey Championships.

These will be a (hopefully) welcome addition to her travel wardrobe, and she'll know our love and best wishes are wrapped in every stitch.

They're wrapped and under the tree, and I can't wait to give them to her on the 25th. (I love this reindeer box!!)
She's made us proud, not just because she made the team, but she did so while maintaining a mid-90's academic average in her final year of high school, and is just a great, caring kid.
My brother and his wife are proud of her, as are the rest of the family. While I can't be in Stockholm, I'll be following along via the internet, keeping track of her triumph.
Go Canada!

5 comments:

TracyKM said...

Would it be okay to post her last name so everyone can cheer for her? I can imagine how you must be bursting with pride!

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Unknown said...

That's awesome - congratulations to her!!! I think that the mitten mojo helped, but that might just be me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Squeeing with happiness here! Called in DH to look at the mittens and tell him all about you and your talented niece. He said, "oh, yeah, that's the woman; we watched the Olympics curling on account of her."

Your fame spreads clear across North America! ;D

CatBookMom

Carol said...

The mittens are AWESOME and the box is pretty damn cool too!