Tuesday, October 20, 2009

makes me want to knit this...

Susan (formerly LuckyCanuck) gave up blogging a while ago, but is still knitting up a storm, and has kindly allowed me to show off her work here. She finished up the Gretel tee, and here it is blocking: and here's a modeled shot:
Specs: (directly quoted from Susan)

"Slanting Gretel Tee, IW Fall 2009. Made with about 5 skeins of Knit Picks Andean Treasure (100% baby alpaca sport weight) in Sapphire. I made the smallest size and I’m glad I did. I wanted a fitted sweater. You don’t want this one baggy. I can’t remember the needle size I used but it was about 3mm to accommodate my loose tension. Gauge swatch? Me? Not a chance. Note on the alpaca – I wore it yesterday it’s already pilled on the bum. A very delicate yarn, so I will have to use my yarn pumice a lot. Another suggestion for yarn – something with a very smooth hand. This alpaca is a bit fuzzy, shows the cable texture well but a smoother yarn would really highlight it. Super easy pattern with no errors and a fairly quick knit. Highly recommended if you dislike cables, like me. Makes me want to do more now!"

Nice job Susan!

3 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Very nice, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Say....nice sweater! Thanks, Curl!

Brenda said...

Looks great on Susan.