Friday, October 16, 2009

cottage knitting

We spent the Thanksgiving weekend at the cottage, as is our norm. Lots of turkey and accompaniments, good family time - it's a great way to spend 3 days.

I also get a fair amount of knitting time - although it's a major work weekend (boats, docks and water systems come out, cupboards get cleared out to deter critters looking for snacks, and we basically get the place ready for winter habitation (fewer visits, so we shut it down in between), there always seems to be enough time to sit with wool and needles.
The silvery grey wool/silk/bamboo sequined blend I got in Kitchener became this: Storm Cloud Shawlette. Nice pattern, and it shows off the sequins nicely, but it's a tad on the small size. I'm either going to try to block it out bigger, or I'm going to frog the whole thing and find a comparable yarn to mix it with to stretch it out, or perhaps even find a better pattern for it. Even so - a nice yarn to knit with, even if it did discolour my fingers while knitting - must remember to try to set the dye when I block it.

I also got a lot of work done on the second crochet bag - this is a linen blend yarn, and the bag just needs a handle, which was started after this picture was taken, and is already more than halfway done. My mom is a fan of all things pink, and I think this dark rose bag may just be for her. She shops at this market near her place (where I worked for years during high school), and buys just what one person needs. This bag is the perfect size for her.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Storm Cloud Shawlette. Is that a Ysolda pattern?

Saren Johnson said...

Wow, the Storm Cloud Shawlette is very pretty. What does it look like on?