Wednesday, October 28, 2009

how to get comments without begging...

So I gather the best way to get comments is to either show off some paper crafting or bitch about my family!

You guys are great. A real ego stroke, with all the nice things said about the book. It is nice - nicer in person than it shows in pictures, and my MIL will love it, her friends will be impressed, and the K can stuff it if she doesn't approve. It's not for her, it's not about her, it's for her Mom, and that's something I think she is losing sight of. (Hmmm... more family bashing - wonder if this will push the comments into the double digits again?)

The K found out I'm making cupcakes instead of a cake, and surprisingly she wasn't completely peeved. She did mention that we did a cake for the FIL, and maybe we should do the same. I mentioned something about growth and embracing change, and that she was welcome to bake if she wanted.

Cupcakes it is...

tomorrow - real knitting! new stuff, even! Really!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
Still here. Still lurking. I read every post, and I should comment more.
I enjoy your blog, and love the pictures - knitting and non-knitting.

A. Lurker

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Don't you love when people complain about how you want to do something but they don't want to take care of it themselves? A former co-worker and I gave up putting together our work holiday potluck and gift giveaway because people complained about everything we did. Of course the next year we didn't have one because no one else wanted to do the work.

Saren Johnson said...

Smart answer Sandra!

Brenda said...

Such a smart answer. And the correct tone of voice helps too. And uplifting, positive tone while giving out negative info catches'em off guard every time.

Anonymous said...

She sounds just like my sister. Good answer!!!!