Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring and Summer knitting

Susan and I have been lusting over the new Knitscene magazine, haunting stores to try and find it. Forget Chapters, forget any large conglomerate store, we of course got it at a small local business, my LYS Needles and Knits. Tove has a knack for getting what I need, faster than anyone else. She knew I was after the magazine, and called me when it came it. The fact that I was at the store within a half hour of her calling was not an indication that I stalk her, but rather the fact I was already at home when she called. (Really! I'm not a knit store stalker. I'm not. really.)
I picked up two copies, and mailed one to Susan, who got it before she has even seen it anywhere near her suburban home, or downtown Toronto office. (Can I hear a cheer for small local business?)
We've both cast on - Susan is making the Kenzie top, using a natural boucle-ish cotton from Knit Picks, and I dug around the stash to find a wonderful pale green cotton/linen blend from Elann that I've had for years to make Quinn.


I also have plans for Bower, Dapple, Havasu and Worth Avenue. Not to mention another sweater I found in the Winter 2011 Knitscene, Stanmore. Seems Knitscene is my new favourite magazine...


Can anyone tell me how to get about 52 hours in a day? 24 isn't going to be enough...

4 comments:

TracyKM said...

Quinn is quite nice! I'd be worried about the large neck falling off my shoulders, but a little Flash tape will solve that. I'm not sure about the assymetric hem, I like the neck detail and don't need people looking at the belly region, LOL.

Needles said...

No, but when we figure it out we are going to make billions.

Unknown said...

Not needing sleep is the most appealing quality of being an android.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

What a stunning top that will be!