Monday, April 23, 2012

becasue obviously knitting isn't enough for me...

One sweater, a scarfy-shawly thing, a cowl and 3 pairs of socks all on the go obviously isn't filling my free time, because I've decided to get back into quilting. Actually, not really quilting in the true sense of the word, but more like patchwork. Depending on the size of these plans, I may pay someone else to do the quilting...
My Wednesday night knitting group meets at The Yarn Store, which is part of The Quilt Store. (Some of you locals may know it as Evelyn's Sewing Centre). Whatever you call it, it's a mecca for fibre enthusiasts such as myself. And I can't be surrounded by all the wonderful fabrics and quilts hanging everywhere without succumbing to the pull. (I'm the same way with yarn stores - I see samples, I buy kits.)
I've already bought fabric there (you've seen the results in the Superman, Batman, Dalmatian and other pajama pants.). But they started packing up fat quarters in coordination fabrics, and well I'm weak. (anyone surprised??)

I picked up this sports pack for my son's teacher who is not only his teacher, but his coach, and is expecting his second son this June. I figure a crib sized, or maybe square quilted playmat:

Then for my best friend, who treats her 2 black labs like her children, so I figure they should each have small quilts as well:


Then for me (and I guess, my husband, although he really didn't get a vote...) I want to update our room at the cottage with a new quilt, and fell in love with this "so-unlike-me" batch of florals:

Yeah. Still waiting to gain more hours in the day, here...

3 comments:

Brendaknits said...

LOL. Does the espression 'kid in a candy store' come to mind?

Needles said...

The colours are absolutely you even if florals isn't.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great fabric choices!