I've finished the bulky cardigan. In theory, I do like it, probably more than I thought I would, but still - there's just something not right about it. Part of it is the bulky yarn on 5.5mm needles. I'm already bulky - I don't really need to play this up. But I could have overlooked that. Then the colours. Brown and blue together is one of my favourite combinations, but really, variegated wool should be kept to socks. This would have been much nicer in a heathered or kettle dyed yarn. Then again, as it is, it has a slightly Missoni look, and really isn't all that unattractive.
What is unattractive however is this: Romulan shoulders, anyone? No matter what I do, the shoulders look like shit. I'm going to try blocking them again and see if that helps - maybe some steam will soften the line. This was always planned as an outerwear type sweater, and the fit for that is good - it's long and comfy - all good things. I just can't get my head around the shoulder line.
And no, I won't rip back the sleeve and shoulder line to tighten it up - I don't love it nearly enough to spend that kind of time and effort on it.
If the steam doesn't work, I'll either give it to a family member that shows any interest in it, or give it to charity - someone will wear it.
Going forward, I'm working on the cotton/rayon olive green cardi I started a while ago, and have finally decided on a body pattern, I think. I'm just about at the stage where I will split off the sleeves, so I should make my decision soon. Then there's the never ending Montego Bay scarf, and some socks. My sock mojo is coming back and I'm flying though the half finished ones so I can start some new ones. Plus, with a week at the cottage looming for us, small projects are good. Those, and some bead projects, and some card making projects - that should keep me busy, in between spending much needed time with family and friends.