Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Whisper cardigan continues...

The Whisper Cardigan is moving along swimmingly. Unfortunately, the black cardigan and the FLS are still within my sight lines, and both are glaring at me, with that "why don't you love me anymore" look on them. So now I either have to pick them up and do some work on them, or hide them away in the black hole with the other UFOs.

My justification of working on the Whisper cardigan is that it's a lighter weight fabric, and therefore more appropriate for a spring knit. Yeah, I'm not sure anyone's buying that...

I've also been making some necklaces, trying to reduce my bead stash. The first one used memory wire - the necklace size. Although it looks like it would be binding and tight, it's actually quite comfortable, and sits nicely at the base of the neck. I'll make more of these, to use up my bead and pendant stash.
This one was a bit of an experiment, using some jump rings, and other finding I had collected. I love silver and turquoise together. The bird sits separate from the turquoise shell circle, so there is a bit of jingle-jangle to this one, however, once on, it sits fairly quietly, so it's not rally annoying.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love!

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh, I like the blue "experiment". And the whisper cardigan looks like it will be great when finished.

Anonymous said...

Your bead work is really lovely.

Needles said...

You have to go back now, Sandra. the blog went blank the first time I tried to put up the video.

Seriously worth your time, oh and there is music so turn down the sound, if you are at work.

Anonymous said...

Turquoise and silver--my kind of combination. And the Whisper is lovely.

Carol said...

whisper is on my list too. Alas, I have secret knitting to do first. As well as my 15 billion other projects....