Thursday, June 29, 2006

Just stuff...

Well, again I am picture-less - the camera and I are in different locations.
Random thoughts on this Thursday:

I love my family - Hubby and son are the best! (anonymous for the moment - hubby still doesn't know I'm doing this - once I tell him, I'll have to go back and delete some posts...) I also have a great Mom (lost my Dad 11 years ago), a brother, SIL and a niece and 2 nephews and multitudes of in-laws - parents-in-law, SIL's and BIL's, 5 nephews and 1 niece). Hubby is one of five kids. That was alot for me to get used to when we first started going out, I tell ya!

Today is my son's last day of school - out of grade one, into grade two! I can't believe it - I know every Mom says this, but seriously, he was a baby just yesterday!

Tomorrow night we head to the cottage - it's a family cottage, so it won't just be the three of us - my in-laws are already there, and my brother-in-law, his wife and two kids are coming too. One nephew is the same age as my son, so that's great - they are inseperable up there, and basically spend the day in, around or on the lake - swimming, playing on the beach, boating, fishing. My SIL and I park ourselves in the Muskoka chairs on the beach, watch the kids, drink frozen margaritas/daiquiris, I knit, we talk. Yup, life doesn't get much better...
For anyone interested in our frozen drink trick - forget adding all that ice - just freeze the chunks of fruit! toss 'em in the blender, add your tequila or rum, some lime juice, and off you go. No watered down drinks! The bags of strawberries, watermelon, raspberries and peaches are in the freezer as we speak.
In case you're wondering, I'm really more of a beer/wine/scotch girl, but these drinks seem to be a tradition on Canada Day weekend, and who am I to mess with tradition?

Knitting? Oh yeah, knitting! Um, nothing much to report - still working on socks, mostly. Have to decide which projects to bring north with me - lots of socks for the mindless margarita knitting (stockinette has it's uses), and probably some FIddlesticks stuff for evenings. Pictures of progress when we return, I swear!

If anything, this blog is going to MAKE me document my knitting...

No comments: