Monday, June 25, 2012

ummm, hi!

Hi! Sorry, I seemed to have gone away last week, but in actual fact, I was right here. As I mentioned before, my job has kind of exploded around me, and my workload has kind of increased in size a bit (Our company added three new divisions, and as the logistics person, I have the fun job of making them all work.) Suffice it to say, other things got dropped, the blog being one of them. I'm going to try and get back to a reasonably regular schedule, but if I miss a day now and then, you'll have an idea as to why. Note that I'm not complaining about the added workload and longer hours in the office. It's still a great job, and the alternative would be job searching, and I don't want to do that.
Another reason I was a bit lax - I tend to pre-write a few things on Sundays, and last Sunday I was away for a girls weekend at a friend's cottage. This is a cottage where I spent a good chunk of my childhood - two moms and four kids all week, and two dads on weekends. The parents were best friends, and J and I have stayed close through the years.
When three girls and five dogs get together, there are tons of laughs, lots of wine, and great food like this:

Plus, when you're the only non dog owner around five dogs, they tend to do this a lot:

Meet Rosie - a "jug", which I'm told is a Jack Russell - Pug Mix. Rosie spent a lot of time in my lap, which made knitting interesting. But I did get quite a bit of knitting done (even with the wine), as I stayed pretty much to socks.
Two pairs of sock blanks have found homes. These stretch cotton socks have gone to Nicola - a friend and fellow baseball parent, who has taken on the chore of scorekeeping the games so that I can knit during them.

That absolutely deserved socks! She chose this pair, so all I had to do was add the heels, and she was thrilled.

The black and red pair is also going to a baseball parent - David has been whining for 2 years, and just to get him to stop, I offered up this pair. He is pretty hard on socks (so he says), and these are a pretty tough pair, and he loves them. One heel to go and we'll all be happy!

4 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Busy is good.

Brendaknits said...

I'll be a lax blogger too come next week when we head north. Summer is like that. Love both pairs of socks.

Needles said...

Busy is very good these days.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Hi back! Summer should be for enjoying and not sitting by a computer! Great projects and that salad is making me hungry.