Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!


Today my Mom turns 80.

This is her engagement picture. She still looks pretty good.

We're not a big birthday-celebrating family, (much to the chagrin of my Mother-In-Law, who treats every birthday in the husband's family like it was the actual day of the birth...) but I figured my Mom deserved a little shout out for 80 years.
Today I'm taking her to lunch at our favourite family Italian restaurant, and my boss (who's know my Mom for over 45 years) is coming along as a surprise.
Mom taught me to knit when I was 8, and I retaught her to knit with good wool about 6 years ago. It really is a circle.
She's been on her own since my Dad died 16 years ago, but her 4 grandchildren keep her young - she goes to Florida twice a year, takes 3 exercise classes a week, and still worries about my brother and I as if we were this age:
(and her legs are still this good. I obviously inherited my father's legs...)

As much as it drives me crazy, I couldn't imagine my life any other way. She gave birth to me, raised me, and to this day, still teaches me life lessons.
Love ya, Mom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those photos! Wow, you sure look like your mom. Congrats to your mom!

Brendaknits said...

Such a nice tribute. Happyy Birthday to your Mom.

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Happy birthday to your mama!

Saren Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Sandra's Mom!!

Needles said...

Happy Birthday Sandra's mom!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!