Friday, March 09, 2012

finally, a sweater project for me!

I have finally almost narrowed down what I'm going to do. (How's that for commitment?) I'm thinking a summerweight cardigan - using the contiguous sleeve method, rather than raglan - in this navy Knit Picks Shine. (I also had these 2 balls of Shine in each of cream and pale grey in the stash - I see some striping...)
I was originally going to do it on the machine, but I have some other Shine in a lovely apple green that I may use on the machine, and my meterage on this blue is a little light, so I  figure a top down cardi will let me get the maximum usage of this yarn - a shorter sleeved sweater for summer in cotton is not a bad thing.

Today starts March Break for us, and the boy is off school for a week. We are heading up to the cottage in two cars, since my husband can only stay the weekend, and the boy and I will stay most of the week. I can work from there (gotta love wifi!), and most of the neighbours are going to be there for most of the week as well, so it will be great. The boy will have lots of friends to hang with, as will I. We are already planning a Mexican feast at out place one night, and probably some other get togethers. Plus, there will be lots of knitting time for me - what's not to love about a week like that?

8 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

A week at the cottage, that sounds like heaven. Too bad about the whole work thing...

Sigrun said...

Looking forward to the growth of the new project.☺

Brendaknits said...

Exactly. what's not to love. have fun.

Anonymous said...

Fab sweater project and taco night to boot!!! Have a great time!

Needles said...

Sounds quite perfect for all of you!

Sheryl Evans said...

WOW!! What a plan!!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Sounds like a good week! Did you have fun at the cottage?

Needles said...

Sandra, I will forgive you the curling win. As the week went on I figured he was going to be unbeatable.

Isn't there a tradition that winners buy the beer? ;)