I finished all the edging on the barter sweater. I did an attached i-cord all the way around, but in two sections. I started along the centre front, but not at the neckline - I started further down, where the v-neck begins. So I i-corded (i-corded??) down the front, along the bottom hem, and up the other front. Then I created a regular unattached i-cord for about 30cm, then attached it at the top of the already attached i-cord, and i-corded up one side of the v-neck, around the neck and down the other v-neck, finishing with another 30cm of loose i-cord, thereby creating two attached ties for the sweater front.
the i-cord is much more noticeable when it runs horizontally, rather than along the vertical stitches, but I like how it defines the corners.
It's a nice finish, especially since I'm not that fond of the look of ribbing.
I'm very happy with how this turned out, and it was a quick knit because, as Eagle-Eye Brenda noticed, the parts were all done on the machine. Sewing and i-cording took a few evenings, and now I'm just waiting for the newly married Bea to return from India so I can gift her with this. (and see the silk she's bringing me back!!)