Thursday, January 19, 2012

leopard hat

***for those that were drooling over the caramel-pecan buns yesterday (and drool worthy they are...) the recipe can be found here.
Thank Susan for it - she showed me the way...


I showed a friend at work the tiger striped hat for my nephew (which was LOVED, by the way...) and she went bat-crap crazy for it, except she's more of a leopard girl, as she said. Now, I normally do not knit for co-workers, but A is special - she's that person that without her, this place would fall apart. Seriously. She handles everything. And on top of that, she's that person who is too nice to be true. (And yes, she's pretty as well - I should really hate her...)
So I decided to knit her a leopard hat.

I left it on her desk, and when she came in, she loved it. She asked how much the wool was (I told her), and what about my time? I told her she couldn't afford that, and she got it. She knows it's hand knit, she knows I did her a huge favour by knitting it, and she knew better than to try and offer me money for it. (No one is going to pay $300+ for a hat...) She gave the best possible compliment by putting it on, and showing it off to selected people (those that also know not to ask for one), and NOT showing it to people who would then ask for one for themselves.

For a non knitter, she understand the knitting.

7 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Nice! It's wonderful when people get it.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love it!! The tiger one was definitely more for boys. This is a true woman's chapeau.

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

You are a wonderful coworker. Im glad she gets the worth of the hat and really appreciates it.

katrynka said...

Thanks for the recipe!!

I am the same way about sewing (my knitting is so slow, I never agree to do that for anyone!) I only sew out of love, and I always tell people not to tell anyone where they got it!

katrynka said...

Thanks for the recipe!!

I am the same way about sewing (my knitting is so slow, I never agree to do that for anyone!) I only sew out of love, and I always tell people not to tell anyone where they got it!

Carol said...

You are one bad-ass knitter! That is seriously impressive. Love it! and love the fact that she showed it only to the non-entitled types. That is very thoughtful

Knit and Purl Mama said...

What a nice gift for your co-worker!