Monday, February 22, 2010

answer: all but the ribbing

question: how much of a neckie can I knit during the movie "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief"?

My son and I went to see this movie on Sunday (he's already read three of the books, is midway through the fourth, and had the fifth waiting. All is the last week and a half. When this kid gets into a series of books, he REALLY gets into it...)

It's a pretty good movie - good enough that I have started reading the books myself. And plain stockinette in the round is the absolute best movie knitting. The top ribbing is a little short, but I was using us what was left of a ball of Cascade 220, so I got what I could out of it. The Boy likes neckies, and this makes 3 now - 4 if he gets the Owlie Cowl. More on that later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love mindless knitting. Or mindless anything, for that matter.

Needles said...

Mindless is good. How is your arm holding up?

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling?
Of course, after that hockey game last night, we're all under the weather!
Nancy

Saren Johnson said...

I figure we'll get the movie when it comes out on DVD.

Sel and Poivre said...

I feel so badly for our kids - once avid fiction readers - now there's just too much reading for school to allow for recreational reading! It so good you son's getting in all he can now!