Monday, June 01, 2009

bad blogger...

I'm a bad blogger. I haven't updated on ANYTHING, knit or otherwise. Probably because I haven't DONE anything, knit or otherwise. (well, I have, but I'd like to think I keep some parts of my life to myself...)

I actually have been knitting on the silver grey merino cardigan. It's like sock knitting - lightweight enough to carry around with me and knit on at times through out the day. Both sleeves are done, so, I'm working on the body - endless rows of stockinette with a flash of seed stitch at each end, just to keep me on my toes.

The brown and blue feather and fan cardigan is still hanging around, however, it's heavy, and big, and not something that appeals to me at this time of year - it will get done, hopefully sooner rather than later, but it's just a priority right now.

I'm getting the itch to knit on some socks again, but none of the ones currently on the needles appeal to me, so I might have to cast on some new ones. I'm not sure that these have anything to do with it, but they just might... (KnitPicks needles, in the prettiest colours... posing on my basil plants that are taking off, as is the rest of my garden - all the rain last week was good for something...)

I should have something interesting this week - Fiona Ellis is coming to our Guild meeting tomorrow night, and that's always a highlight. The one downside is that I will not be picking her up - Monika gets that honour - I'm going to miss that hour's drive - chit chatting and getting so much insight into her mind, and how her designs evolve, but I do get dinner with her as well as the meeting! I'll try not to have camnesia tomorrow...

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow! Fiona Ellis! That should be a great meeting.

Carol said...

Fiona Ellis!!!! I expect a detailed report of the guild meeting....Oh! And PEEKTUTRES!!! Camnesia is not allowed.

Sel and Poivre said...

I ran into Fiona Ellis in the knitting section of the local library one day! It was like a dream...Her book on the shelf and she herself right there beside it!(I had met her before so I said hello and we had a lovely (quiet - it was the library!)chat) She is the nicest person and I just adore her cablework designs!

Philosophical Karen said...

Knitpicks needles are so pretty! Have fun with Fiona Ellis. Sounds like you will, but don't forget the camera! :)