Tuesday, January 20, 2009

sorry about that...

I didn't mean to go away. However, I got sick, then my son got sick. Now I;m better, but I'm better, but I'm working at home today while looking after a sick child. Can we raise a glass to understanding bosses around the world? At my former job, this would have been a major issue. Here, because I can log into my computer from home, I can be as functional as if I were there.
The only difference is that while I'm waiting for a report to run, I can potentially knit a row or two on my sweater...
I wore my Kauni to work the other day - the pewter clasps look fabulous, and were the perfect choice - Thanks Tove! I got so many compliments on it, I was shocked. Men and women both commented on it. That was cool! The only issue I had was how much it stretched on bocking. It's pas my butt , and generally oversized. I tend to have an exaggerated image of my body size when I knit. I'm not a tiny girl, but I'm not as large as I seem to knit for. Must get better at that. However, Kauni has become more of an "indoor jacket" type of sweater, and that's okay. In spring, it will do nicely for those days when I need a little somethin' somethin' for chilly mornings.
My next Kauni (the green and gold one) will be a little more fitted, however...

No comments: