Tuesday, August 21, 2012

weaving 1

A few weeks back, when we were at the cottage for a week's vacation, I brought my Cricket loom up to clear a few projects. This was already on it when it came to the cottage, so first on the agenda was finishing this.
It didn't take long (weaving rarely does), and now I have this luscious green silk beaded scarf.

The colour is a bit in between both of these pictures - not as gold as the top one, but more vibrant and earthy green than the bottom one. The silk means it's got some heft to it, and the beads have placed themselves on both sides of the scarf randomly, so it is a very wearable piece. Again, like the jeweled cowl, I haven't decided if this is a keeper or a gift!

Details - I skein of Tilli Tomas pure silk fingering weight for the warp (I used about half, so still have about 150 metres left), and one full skein of Tilli Tomas beaded silk for the weft - used it all! I bought both of these skeins at the Kitchener Fair about 3 or 4 years ago and finally used them up. Makes me feel better about what I will probably buy at this years fair!

3 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

The scarf makes your blouse look blue/teal, verses the green/teal of the cowl.

Love it!

Needles said...

So very gorgeous.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Beautiful!

I need to find time to use my loom! Not enough hours in the day!