Monday, November 14, 2011

forgot to show you this

The woven scarf for my boss.

I finished it a while ago, gave it a soak, and laid it out to dry. Then I trimmed the fringe, (on my husband's recommendation) and voila! A manly scarf, in the colours he requested, and super soft and comfy. The stripy pattern came out perfectly - highlighting both the red and the white, while being grounded by the black and grey tones.

This is sitting in the gift box, waiting for wrapping. A gift box, which I have to say, is starting to fill up nicely. Now I just have to decide who gets what...

And on a totally off topic - I am SO glad spell check exists! For whatever reason, I could not spell ANYTHING in this post. Really. My fingers totally disconnected from my brain...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love it! The yarn turned out to be the perfect wool for weaving.

Saren Johnson said...

AWESOME!

Needles said...

Great scarf!

I couldn't get anywhere if it weren't for spell check. It isn't that I don't know the correct spelling, its the accurate typing that defeats me.

Sel and Poivre said...

OMG 'talk about handsome! Beautiful job!

Brendaknits said...

I to can spell, but cannot type. Thank goodness for spell check. Love the scarf.

Acorn to Oak said...

Looks great! I didn't know you were a weaver too! You're a project finishing machine lately! :-)

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I love the weaves look. I really want to get a loom! One day!

Your computer doesn't give you a red line under words that are misspelled? Mine does, notifies me right away if I need to fix the word.