Monday, October 31, 2011

A Halloween change

Today is the first time in 13 Halloween's that my son is not going trick or treating. It was a tough decision for him, but his 5'6" height, deep voice, and the fact that some of his friends are also not going, has made the decision for him.
He still loves the costume I made for him, and it went to school with him for the dance this afternoon.
The nice thing about him not going trick or treating? He can answer the door, and I don't get interrupted as much!
We still decorate the house for it - can't seem to help ourselves, but we have scaled back a touch - no scaffolding this year!!
Pictures to come...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grade 7 Halloween was the time I remember as being my last. My best friend and I, two girls who were always taller than all their classmates including the boys, went to one door and the guy said, "Hey, a couple of big ones this year!" That did it for us and sparked the death knell of our trick-or-treating days.

Sel and Poivre said...

We had a few years like you describe but now at the end of high school our "boy" had Halloween events Friday, Saturday and then plans to go out again tonight! So don't count on it being done forever - it may come back and "Haunt" you! LOL Happy Halloween!

AlisonH said...

I think next year a small certain someone who's an only grandchild is going to have to have a skullcap like your son's... Or something trying to be as cool as that.

Brendaknits said...

It's the same issue as admitting to knowing about Santa. You seem more grown up but dang! you give up lots of good stuff.

Saren Johnson said...

No picture of the boy? I was looking forward to see what the finished product looked like.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Last year my brother came with my boys, dressed up too and people actually gave him candy. It was funny. He just turned 28. Lol