Thursday, November 18, 2010

what to do, what to do

I made this sweater earlier this summer - I had bought a couple of balls of Rowan something or other (sorry - lost the tags) that was a chunky weight. The blue colour perfectly matched a linen top and skirt I was sewing, so I decided on a cardigan to go over the sleeveless top. Of course, when I went to knit it, I only found the one ball, so an abbreviated sweater was born. Short sleeves, shorter length than I planned, but still fine for the purpose I wanted it for.

 Then recently, this happened.
Yeah, I found the other ball. I know it's enough for a quick sweater that I could gift, or I could pull out the bind offs and lengthen both the sleeves and the body. With winter coming, I think I'll be adding to this one rather than run the risk of the "matching sweater" conundrum. (I'd hate to give one to a friend, then both wear it at the same time. It's happened, and it's not pretty. I mean, it's bad enough when kids wear matchy-matchy, adults should not do it unless we're talking uniform or Halloween.)
Now if I could only remember what needle size I used...

5 comments:

TracyKM said...

If you can't figure out the needle size, what about doing something totally different as you lengthen it....lace, cables to nip in the waist, a texture...It's a very pretty colour!

Carol said...

we, hooray for finding it! Hopefully you can finesse the additions nicely. who am I kidding? of course you can! you are the Knitter Extraordinaire!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

That's awesome you found it! I am sure you can come up with something to extend to it!

Brendaknits said...

You got all of that sweater from one ball? How many metres?

Saren Johnson said...

Oh man. That's a tough call. Could you make something different with the foundling?