Sunday, September 26, 2010

hell must have frozen over...

I have modelled shots!!

Don't be expecting many of these - I must have had a brain fart or something to allow myself to do this... and you have to deal with Sunday morning hair to boot...

First up - the Red Green Sweater. (notice the Brenda pose...) And seriously goofy grin - what IS that?
Up next, the Elsbeth Lavold Tappan Zee:
and finally, the sewn eyelet jacket I finished this weekend.It still needs a good pressing, and some shoulder pads to define the top line a bit. And looking at this picture, I should say it really does look better in person - Once it's pressed properly, it will be a nice dressier piece. I may add a frog closure or something, I'm not sure yet.

There was some other sewing as well - I whipped up a pair of pajama pants for myself - there's sheep on them! And wolves in sheep's clothing, but really soft, really comfortable cotton flannel. I wore them last night, and may never take them off...
There was also a couple of pairs of pajama pants for my son, but I'll save those for another post. It's amazing how much stuff I can get done when the boy is out playing with friends and the husband is off on a poker/golf weekend. Plus, he leaves for a business trip tomorrow for 3 days, so I should be able to get even more done!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

More! More! Close-ups! Srsly, the eyelet-border jacket looks as elegant as I thought it would when you showed the fabric. ;D

New jammie pants? Oh, yeah, wanna make some more? For me?

CatBookMom

Anonymous said...

Holy shmoly, you were on a sewing bender! Everything looks great. I kind of like the jacket open the way you show it, without a closure.

Needles said...

The perfect pants for lazing around the house. And sweaters and cardis! It looks like the Red Green sweater was designed for you!

Acorn to Oak said...

You are very talented! And, you must be feeling pretty good with all of these freshly finished garments! I'm so impressed! There are so many and they all look great! :-)

Unknown said...

Nice sweater, good lookin' lady!! I do that chin lift thing too. I think it's from too much ANTM "Elongate your neck!!"

I should pick up a pj pattern - you make it look so easy!!

AlisonH said...

Beautiful! Well done!

Brendaknits said...

Red Green looks great. How do you like it? Did you do the original sleeve or the modified version?

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great sweaters! Thanks for modelling them for us!

Love the jammies! They look so comfortable!

I sent you a ravelry message - I know you sent me your email address, but now I can't find it. (I'm so mad at myself for misplacing it...)

Email me again please! SO SORRY! knitpurlmama at gmail dot com

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

You have done your mum proud with the way you had the eyelet motif on the jacket sleeves match up with the motif on the hem. Niiiiiiiice! Not everyone would get it!

Cheers, Barbie O. in Montreal

Carol said...

what lovely fo's! I don't think you need shoulder pads. It looks lovely without em.