Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween comes first

I know I've said I've started the Christmas knitting, but the Halloween sewing has to come first...
I've been asked to make a couple of costumes for some friends - and on top of my son's costume, I'm going to be a bit busy.
Son has decided on a mummy - we're going to go a step further, and make it a costume he can get in and out of, rather than wrapping it directly on him as a one time thing. So we start with the paper painters coveralls, and wrap those. Of course, first we have to tea-stain the coveralls and the wrapping, and abuse the muslin I bought for wrapping, so it looks old and like it was dug out of a pyramid. My son is all about authentic looking...
Then there are the two Hogwarts robes I've been asked to make - One Gryffindor, One Slytherin. They bought the badges, but the robes were over $200 each. So they pulled the puppy dog eyes on me and I caved. I've got to stop doing that...
This pile of fabric will be the robes.


We matched the trim colours fairly well to the badges.
I'm hoping there are no last minute requests - but knowing the boy's friends, if it's anything like last year, there will be some last minute costume making... and as much as I complain... I love doing it.

4 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

I hope there won't be any last minute requests also, those add so much stress.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I can't wait to see how the costumes turn out!

Needles said...

It goes too fast.

Brendaknits said...

Holy Doodle! Talk about supermom.