Friday, October 05, 2012

finally, FINALLY, one for me!

I make a lot of pajama pants. A lot. For a lot of different people, including myself. Everyone else gets pants in fabric that reflects their personal tastes. I've made pants using fabric that shows every sport from basketball to golf, baseball to soccer. I've made fish themed pants, dance themed, birds and music. Basically, if I sew pants for you, and you have an interest, I've probably found fabric that reflects that.
For myself, I've found fabric that I like. Nice florals, stripes, holiday themed, but never could I find anything that reflected my passion - knitting.
Until now.
Yep. The Quilt Store got in some sheepy themed fabric. And one of them was knitting sheep. KNITTING SHEEP, people. Now, it was a quilt fabric, so most people buy a metre at most. Then there's me. I took three metres, enough for a pair of pajama pants and a pair of sleep shorts, as well as a few bags and such. The pajamas cost way more than I would pay in a store, but c'mon, KNITTING SHEEP!

Wouldn't you have bought it all, too?

We're heading north for the Thanksgiving weekend tonight - hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend!

7 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

Oh yeah I sure would have bought it too! Have a great Thanksgiving up north!

Saren Johnson said...

That is awesome. Can't wait to see the bags you make.

Acorn to Oak said...

Cute fabric! Wow...more Pj's. I see you make these every year and I keep wanting to try and make some but I keep putting it off because I've had such bad luck with patterns fitting. I know they're only Pj's but with the luck I've had with sewing clothes, they'd end up many sizes too big or something. Do you have a specific pattern you'd recommend that you like and have had good luck with?

Needles said...

ALL?????

Dang.

Crazy Knitting Fool said...

Love the fabric. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

That's awesome fabric! Good score!

Brendaknits said...

I would definitely have purchased that fabric. It's so darn cute!