Friday, September 21, 2012

also perfect for the knitting!

While at the cottage last weekend, I finished up a couple of things, and started a couple more.
I finished another pair of Cascade Silk socks:

And a luscious, cushy royal blue bamboo velvet slouch hat:

The socks will go into the gift box for someone, and the hat is either for my niece or the 13 year old girl fro the cottage next door. Both of whom would look spectacular in it - one is blonde, one is dark haired, but both have the colouring to pull it off.
I love this Bamboo Velvet yarn - I got it in Kitchener at Sweaterkits, and I looked up where I could find it again, and luckily, the Yarn Store in Newmarket carries it! Will have to pick some more up - it makes a great hat.

I also started another pair of socks while north, so I had something to knit in the car on the way home - a more girly colour (no picture, sorry...) and also started the Sweaterkits beaded mulberry silk shoulder shawl. Yummy.

No comments: