Thursday, July 07, 2011

indecision...

I couldn't decide which sweater to knit. The EZ Green? The Vitamin D? (Which I'm going to have to rename, since I hate the name Vitamin D...)

So I cast on both.

The EZ green sweater, which I've already made once in Red, and which Brenda brilliantly called the Red Green Sweater. (For reference as to why Canadians get the Red Green reference, go here.) So, in using cream Briggs and Little Sport, I guess this is now the Red Green in Cream, or RGIC sweater.
(Plus, it seemed so patriotic to cast on this sweater on Canada Day using Briggs and Little, a truly wonderful Canadian wool).
I'm at the endless rounds of stockinette stitch now, so it's a good mindless knit - perfect for next week as I come out of general anaesthetic.

But I was still loving the Vitamin D, so I dug around in the stash, picking and rejecting a number of options, before finding this, and seeing the light bulb go off. The gauge matches perfectly, the colour is gorgeous, and it's silk and lambswool! How do I turn that down?

It's knitting up beautifully, but I'm still in the midst of the eyelet increase rows, and there is a ton of attention needed to follow the pattern, so it's for more lucid times, when I have a chance to get a number of rows down at one sitting.

3 comments:

Needles said...

Beautiful choices. I love that soft silver grey.

Saren Johnson said...

Like the tweed yarn, not so keen on the pattern for it. But then you've pulled off some pretty amazing feats of skill.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Vitamin D sounds silly too. Can't wait to see progress on each sweater.