Thursday, February 03, 2011

Cashmere and Koigu progress

Nothing against Spillyjane - she writes wonderful mitten patterns, but I'm happy to take her work and rearrange it to suit my own likes. So her pattern became my pattern, and the progress shots are here:

The green Koigu is just slightly tonal, and the pink cashmere pops perfectly against it. The bonus to the colourwork is that there are somewhat longish floats of the pink cashmere, meaning that's what is felt for the most part against the hand while wearing the mitten.

Good thing I adore my Mom - otherwise, I'd be hard pressed to give these up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, those are really neat. I think officially you have the first flamingo mittens ever made, hands down!

Sel and Poivre said...

"Taking a pattern and making it your own"...isn't that what knitting should really be about?!" Great to see a shining example of just that!

Acorn to Oak said...

Very cute! The colors are perfect! :-)

CatBookMom said...

Great job!! Love the color combo and the flamingos really look like birds!!

Anonymous said...

It really isn't all about you, you know. Spillyjane gets the credit for the pattern. You should be thanking her.

Brendaknits said...

No hand cream needed when there is cashmere against the skin.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great progress on your mittens! Anonymous' comment is just ridiculous.