Wednesday, September 09, 2009

finished!

...and quickly, too. These socks virtually flew off the needles - the bonus of fewer stitches and bigger needles, I guess.

They are for my Mom, for Christmas. I've got to start thinking about the Christmas list - who I will knit for, and who gets something else.

I've scaled back the amount of knitting I do for others lately - mostly because there are greater demands on my time lately, but also because I've started keeping the knitting for those that really like and appreciate it. My husband, my Mom and my father in law will keep getting socks. All three love and wear them, so they keep getting them. Some other family members has shown an interest in sewn items (my hand-made-phobic nephew has actually requested some pajama pants!), and yet others prefer the beads and shiny stuff. It's nice having options for everyone.
Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't be enjoying the Kitchener Knitter's Fair this weekend - I'll be there, coming in on our regular bus with the Barrie and York Region Knit Guilds. I'll be meeting Lucky, and hopefully meeting up with Deirdre - I have a bracelet for her. Deirdre, I'll be arriving between 10am and 11am, on a bus, and will probably have my yellow I KNIT messenger bag again. You know what? That didn't help us last year - I'll email you my cell number, and we'll meet!

2 comments:

deirdre said...

I'll be looking for your yellow bag, and I'll have my mom on alert, too - my cell phone is not well, so might not be the most reliable thing - don't worry, I have a good feeling about this year...

and I completely agree with limiting knitting to those who are appreciative - unfortunately for me, I have a fairly large group of the appreciative...

Acorn to Oak said...

Nice socks! Good idea to make other kinds of things for some people who wouldn't necessarily appreciate knitted (or woven) items. I've been thinking about knitting and weaving gifts this year but was stuck on what to make for most of the people on my list...thanks for opening up my mind. Duh...I don't know why I didn't think of that. lol Just too much into knitting and weaving lately. Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead!