Friday, May 15, 2009

car knitting? check...

Today is Friday, and the unofficial start of summer to those of us with cottages. It's the beginning of the Victoria Day weekend, ostensibly to celebrate the birthday of Queen Victoria (she of the "We are Not Amused" historical reference.) She may not have been, but we are usually amused on this weekend. We're heading north tonight after work, for three days of raking, dock maintenance, deck chair washing and boat launching. Hoo wah.

I've got books to read, sweaters to knit, beads to string and family to either enjoy or ignore (depends on my mood, and their antics).
Either way - I can't wait. I refuse to take any work files with me (although I should), the laptop is staying at home (although it shouldn't) and I'm not answering my cell phone (we usually don't get service up there, anyway).

The silver grey merino cardigan will be my car knitting, since I seem to be off socks this month. I've finished the hellish seed stitch yoke (but, as much as it pained me to knit it, I really think it looks fabulous), and I'm into the stockinette body part, so it's perfect for car knitting - mindless. I'll also bring the blue and brown cardigan - the sleeves and back are done, and I'm into the fronts now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually the most tedious and unpleasant parts of a knit tend to be the best-looking part and very worth it. You don't want to repeat those things, but are you ever glad you did it in the first place. I can hardly wait to see it finished! Never would have imagined that yarn as a finished project when I had it.

Carol said...

I'm hoping for non-rainy weather too. The porch railing needs to be painted and primed etc. And i need non rainy weather to do it in!

deirdre said...

Well, have a fabulous weekend! It's supposed to cool off here, I think, but that's just an excuse for you to curl up by a fire...

Saren Johnson said...

w00t! Have a fun weekend. Glad to know you're leaving work at work.

Sel and Poivre said...

Have a good one - it sounds like you have all the necessary ingredients for a great time - whatever the weather!

AlisonH said...

Have fun!