Wednesday, July 11, 2012

blanketing my deck

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the POP blanket squares. I think it's the Noro Silk Garden that is keeping me amused. I love how the colour changes seem subtle, but show up quite nicely in these squares.
I'm using 3 or 4 different colourways of Noro Silk Garden - I started with two when I started the blanket, but when I (quickly) decided to make this a full size blanket rather than a baby or lap blanket, I dug around and found a few more balls of Silk Garden hanging around. I love the mix of colours and tones it is creating.
Above is 34 squares (now at 35), and I think this is about a quarter of the blanket size I want. I'm still on the first skein of the Cascade Eco Wool (the black border wool), and I have 2 more of the black and 2 of a dark grey. I haven't decided if I'm going to randomly add some grey squares or build a pattern. (I can hear Nancy right now - PATTERN! ORDER! NO RANDOM!) I think I will have to wait and see once I get all the squares done. I get the feeling it may take as much time to place the squares as it will to sew them together.
This is not a short term project...

5 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

That will be so much fun when its finished!

Acorn to Oak said...

It looks really good with the Noro. I like the subtle color changes too. The black borders look nice. This is the first time I've seen someone making one of these. I know someone who dyes and sells yarn and she's been making and selling mini skeins just for these. They've been selling like hotcakes! Can't wait to see your blanket when it's done. It's going to look great!

Unknown said...

Lord have Mercy - no grey, for the love of all that is orderly and planned, No Grey!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like random - as long as it's planned, organized and orderly!!!
But I do have to say I love your blanket. My favourite square is the bright green one in the bottom right!
Nancy

Knit and Purl Mama said...

No grey!!!!!!! Black all the way! Looking good.