Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Latest sock blanks

I finally finished the socks I was working on. Most of these socks were knit while a passenger in a car - either to the cottage with my husband driving or to the office while my boss drove.
They are fraternal,
but I was closer to making them identical than I realized. Luckily, this doesn't bother me, but I'm sure my friend Helga is cringing right now...
I haven't put the heels in, and probably won't for a while, at least until I determine who they're for. There is a very good possibility these will hang on until Christmas - perhaps my Father in Law, perhaps a friend.
On to the next ones!

5 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Nicely done on the socks. I'm not that bothered by mismatched socks either.

Brendaknits said...

Those afterthought heels are a great fitting feature.

Anonymous said...

not cringing!
just full of admiration that you can bear it!
cheers,
helga

Acorn to Oak said...

Nice socks! But...I'm baffled as to how you can add heels at a later time as I've never seen anyone do that. I've heard about it on blogs but haven't seen how it's done. It sounds very interesting.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I still havent done any after thought heels. Is it easy? Time consuming?