Wednesday, February 07, 2007

They just keep pushing me...

CAUTION: another work rant ahead. Feel free to come back tomorrow for possible knitting content!

So, with all the turnover around work (what a surprise!) we have 3 new people starting next week. This entails moving people around, in order to slot the newbies into the best possible place. I should mention that we are cubicled here with a few offices around the perimeter. It sucks. Hugely. But whatever. I have a single cubicle - three walls and a modicum of privacy, but still, my back is to the general population and I hate that. But, I have it better than others. Actually, I guess I should say I HAD it better... As of today, I have to move. I lose a wall, half my horizontal working surface, and a ton of privacy. I have to share an open area with two others - one of whom is a loud talking salesman. I am seriously pissed. SERIOUSLY PISSED. So, having the word Senior in my title means squat, obviously. All these new people coming in are getting the prime areas and we are being shuffled off to Buffalo. I told my boss that it feels like a kick in the teeth, just before I left last night. He wanted to talk, but I had no time - Son had swimming lessons, so I bailed. He will want to talk it out today, but there is very little he can say. They have no concept of personal space around here. We are treated like possessions that can be moved at will - their will. I think I've heard the final bell. I know I've said it before, but this could be the end.

No comments: