Friday, February 02, 2007

another WIP...

Noro Silk Garden + this

EQUALS


I love this scarf - the pattern is great - as most Knitty patterns are. The repeat is easily remembered and the diagonal aspect of it changes the way the Noro stripes. Nice. While I love my Noro Harlot scarf, I was looking for a slightly different colourway - you know how Noro is, it looks completely different in the skein than it does once knit up. The Harlot scarf:

is really nice, and I wear it alot, but I'm not fond of lavender, and that's the part that sits near my face when I wear it knotted near the neck. The Argosy scarf is more muted tones with one major jolt of a turquise-y teal-y green that I love! It's much more vibrant than it appears here - there is no sun around when I am taking pictures these days... I think I've placed it in the right spot. A few more repeats of the pattern, and a good blocking, and we'll see. I'd like to have it done by Tuesday to take to my Guild meeting - keep the fingers crossed! I still have to get through an 8 year old's birthday party this weekend...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am planning to make that pattern with Noro silk garden as well! I saw a scarf worked with the yarn in a store. I fell in love with the yarn colors, so my husband bought two balls for me. The lady in the store was all apologetic that they were sold out of the pattern for the scarf. I told her I did not care! I was buying it for the colors of the yarn... so I was ecstatic when I saw this pattern on Knitty, it is WAY better than the scarf in the store!!