Friday, November 02, 2012

Still knitting socks in my spare time

I still keep an in-progress sock in my purse for those times when I have a few minutes. Car knitting, basketball games, swimming lessons... Since most of my sock gift recipients are men, I usually end up knitting manly type colours and fibres.
This current sock is a departure from that. This is really more female oriented colourway, or could possibly work for some guys I know that are a little more adventurous in their sock couture.

It's Tofutsies sock yarn - a fun fibre combo - 50% superwash wool, 35% soysilk, 22.5% cotton and 2.5% chitin. Chitin is a fibre from shrimp and crab shells, and it's naturally antibacterial. Whatever, it's a lovely fibre to work with.

2 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I need to keep a sock project in my bag... Usually I have been reading on my kobo instead.

Saren Johnson said...

I like Tofutsies and do really well with it. Grilltech, however, will wear holes in his within a week.