Wednesday, May 14, 2008

it's Wednesday, so I'm random...

A late Mother's Day recap. I haven't had a whole lot of time for me lately. And yes, that does make me cranky...


So, Mother's Day. As per usual, my husband was off on his golf/poker/fishing weekend with the guys. (we think the guy that organizes these weekends doesn't have the happiest of marriages - they always fall on Valentines Day and Mothers Day...)


My son and I did our usual - we went hiking in a wooded trail area near where we live.

We love this. It has become our ritual, and one I want to keep. We have a great time, looking at nature, and talking, just the two of us. The trilliums were in full bloom, and were carpeting the ground:We even saw some rare red trilliums:The trillium is the provincial flower and symbol of Ontario, and one of my personal favourite wildflowers.
I bagged a brunch with 9 members of hubby's family so we could go hiking. I'm probably persona non grata with them, but please! A brunch on Mother's Day at a Jack Astor's Restaurant? Can you say mayhem? With 2 grandparents, 3 adult women, one adult guy (who is useless) and 5 kids?? No thank you. I'd rather spend the time with just my own kid, rather than brave the hell that is a restaurant on that particular day. My husband agrees with my decision, although, had he been home, he probably would have wanted to go. Good thing he wasn't home...

Speaking of Husbands - I'm about to wrap mine in bubble wrap for a while. Have you read what's happening to Knitblogger's husbands lately?

First Claudia's. Then Stephanie's. Now Norma's.


I'm hoping the "these things always happen in threes" rule is coming into play, as we are done with it.

Knitting is continuing - there is some progress being made on socks, shawls and beaded things. Now I have to plan my Victoria Day long weekend knitting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say, Ontario Tourism with those shots? Nice!

Anonymous said...

What was the name of those toys we played with as kids...I want to say whirligigs? That's what the red trillium reminds me of. Blow from the side and watch it twirl round and round.