Monday, September 24, 2007

my weekend

Thanks to all who convinced me that the Maple Red Highland Wool would be the right match. You know, I was really unsure about it, but you all made me see the light...
I need 23 inches of flat knitting before I join in the round for the sleeves - I'm at about 19 inches after this weekend.

Can I say how nice this Sheepstrings wool is to knit with? It just glides over the needles. This may be a sweater that I actually finish (much to the detriment of my gift knitting...)

A couple of comments about my weekend - I inadvertently left my car unlocked in my driveway on Friday night - someone rifled through it, taking all $1.50 of the change I keep (leaving all the pennies in a pile on my drivers seat!) They rifled all my CD's, taking none, but leaving me a post it note - "Whack Music Choices". ???? I guess they didn't like the combination of Barenaked Ladies, Nickelback, Ella Fitzgerald, Shaggy, James Taylor, David Wilcox and Lynyrd Skynyrd. I admit to eclectic music choices, but I'm not sure I appreciate being dissed for them. If they had looked a little closer, they would have noticed that the BNL CD's were autographed.

And then, there was the cake incident. I wish I had someone to blame for this, but it's all me. I'm making the cake for my FIL's 80th birthday open house party next Saturday. I finally hi on the perfect recipe. I have to make 3 batches in order to fill the 18" x 24" cake pan that I have. It comes out perfectly. It's cooling on the rack. I want to wrap it and freeze it so I can decorate in Friday night before the party. It's large, and I know I should wait for my husband to come home and help me lift it to wrap it properly, but I'm impatient. (You know where this is going, don't you?) Yup. I dropped it. Cake everywhere. My son looked up from his book and says quite calmly, "THAT'S not good!" (Understatement from an 8 year old).

Crap. Now I have to find some time this week to bake it again. The reason I did it on the weekend was that there IS NO TIME this week. I guess sleep is over-rated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LIKE the music choices!
And hey, since there was nothing they wanted in your car, you know you can safely leave it unlocked any time you like!
Nancy

TracyKM said...

Your CD collection sounds like mine! Crazy of someone to comment on it though! We had our stereo stolen once from our truck, and the CD that was in it was...."Happy?" by Jann Arden, LOL! No, we weren't!
So sad about the cake! My mother has something bad happen to almost every single birthday cake she makes :)

Carol said...

An editorial thief???? That carries post-it notes? Or were they in the car already? How frustrating about the cake. Maybe everyone would like some apple crisp instead? :) (I have a great recipe)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the cake. I like the apple crisp idea of Carol's. Why tempt fate.

Anonymous said...

That's just bizarre, even if the Post-Its were already in the car. I like your music choices too! Well, I might not have the Skynyrd, but that's only because I spent my adolescence in Texas and sort of OD'd on them back in the day.

The cake thing? I did that with a Thanksgiving turkey once. Dropped it, it fell into the back of the oven, a lot of grease went everywhere and the smoke was something else.