Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Everybody into the pool!

(Anyone a Flintstones fan??)

The tofutsies socks are working up nicely - this is great yarn to work with - a touch splitty, but not too annoying. Soft as all get out, and hubby loves the colourway.

It's a black, cream and tan colourway, and it's striping up nicely, or so I thought.


Wait. where's the tan?



Oh. There it is. Well THAT had better change soon...



Okay, I kept going on these socks and the blobby pool of tan continued to pool. Not impressed. Plus, I didn't like the way the fabric was knitting up - the sock looked huge. I had Hubby try it on, and ended up ripping back to the end of the toe shaping. I decreased the number of stitches, and went down to a 2mm needle from the 2.5 I was using. Hopefully this will create a firmer fabric, as well as a better striping pattern.

3 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

I made hubby a pair of those. I thought the colorway looked like an owl until I started knitting. Then it looked like a rattle snake. I ended up calling them Bookwyrms.

Unknown said...

Yabba-dabba-doo!!

Pooling doesn't bother me, I even kinda like it. I like most anything a variegated yarn can do! I hope that the 2mm's works for you - size & patterning wise.

Anonymous said...

I remember thinking the yarn, when you bought it, looked pretty 'skinny' in an individual strand, so maybe that's where the too big size came from? Just a tiny touch might've been enough for the needles you regularly use to 'know'.