Monday, March 19, 2007

tying up loose ends...

So, I'm back. I took a week's vacation, and while it wasn't exactly relaxing, it was still considered vacation.
I had a wake on Saturday and a funeral on Monday (which entailed a 3 hour drive each way - it was a loooooonnnnngggg day. I was the driver, so I couldn't even knit in the car!).
We are also dealing with a somewhat catastrophic health issue with a family member, and Hubby's uncle is still at death's door.
How's that for a cheerful Monday?
On the high side, I spent part of the week with my son - time we both needed and enjoyed. And I cleaned out my yarn storage while re-arranging two rooms of the house. (We moved a couch out of the master bedroom and moved in two chairs instead. I also rearranged the bookcases, and have ended up with a rather nice nook for me. Hubby got storage space.) The home office/yarn storage got some much needed attention as well. I consolidated our three computers down to two, yet we have decided to add another one soon. It never ends. (That's why I was only in touch sporadically last week - half the time, I had no email and no Internet. I was lost! I garnered two big bags of giveaway yarn - Son's school gets first crack at it, and the rest I will bring to my Guild and see if anyone wants it. I also found some stuff I forgot I had. It was like a shopping spree that cost me nothing! Nice.
Of course, I also found MORE UFOs - like I didn't have enough already. Can you believe there were 4 circular dishcloths that only needed seams? They've been sewn and given away. Another pair of thrummed mitts (quel surprise!) that needed one thumb lengthened and another thumb knit. So I sat down and did it. It took me all of 30 minutes. They've been sitting for months. I'm such an idiot - these are Fleece Artist, no less! Probably will be given away, but I may keep for myself - haven't yet decided. I also finished a yummy alpaca hat, one more fingerless mitt for a friend of Son's that will be having a birthday soon - she specifically asked for these, and who am I to turn down a strong willed 8 year old? I also whipped up a slingshot from Knitty - perfect for a take out coffee. This is for a SIL who LOVES her Tim Hortons coffee.
I tried to do some colour correcting, but obviously, the software I'm using doesn't allow for much - the mitts are a much more vibrant turquoise, the hat is earthy shades of navy, brown and beige, the slingshot is a brighter pink, and the fingerless mitts are the same Lindenhof I used befire - a mix of rose, blue and brown.

I also did something big - you'll have to come back tomorrow for that one...

2 comments:

Lana said...

Nice site and cool knitting projects. Check out my knitting on my site.

katrynka said...

Nice to see you are back! Sounds like you were very productive, even if you did not get to relax. Sometimes productivity is better!